Sandy Valley students will have the opportunity, as Sophomores, to visit career tech/vocational programs at Canton South, Perry, and R.G. Drage. These programs are designed to teach career skills and lead to industry credentials/certification. Students attend CTE/vocational programs during their Junior and Senior years. Admission to these programs can be competitive; grades and attendance are considered. For more information, see Mr. White in the Guidance Office.
Click here to learn about how Career Tech programs can earn you credit through CT2!
Learn about CTE programs through South Stark Career Academy, as well as the process for placement.
South Stark Career Academy: Career Tech Programs at Canton South, Perry, and Sandy Valley (click the image to view the website)
- Small Animal Science Care
- Automotive Technologies
- Culinary Arts (will finish Senior year @ Perry)
- Graphic and Visual Design
- Sports Medicine
- Metal Fabrication/Welding
- Project Lead The Way
- Engineering/Computer-Integrated Manufacturing
- Biomedical Engineering
- Video Production (NEW for 2016-2017!!)
- Health Occupations Technologies
- Medical Tech Prep
- Teacher Academy
- Business & Administrative Services (Includes Entrepreneurship pathway)
- Career Based Intervention (CBI)
OTHER CAREER TECH PROGRAMS
If a program is offered within the SSCA consortium, students will apply through the SSCA application process. There are other, unique career-tech programs at locations outside our SSCA consortium (such as RG Drage or Buckeye Career Center). Offerings vary and program seating is subject to the policies and agreements of those locations. Transportation is typically the responsibility of the student and their family for programs outside our consortium.